Wiskott Aldrich Syndrome is a immune and blood disease that effects the immune system the B and T cells, you have an increased susceptibility to Infections, Bleeding and Cancer,aswell as delevoping an autoimmune disease without a transplant, Wiskott Aldrich Syndrome (WAS) is potentially fatal.
Copy Right .. Do not use any of my blog for any reason Read Only.







Saturday, July 5, 2008

Chemo and Transplant

8th April 2008.
Chemotherapy started today. Today is what we call day mins 9, this is what we call pre conditioning, he will have nine days of chemotherapy and day 0 is the Transplant. The Chemotherapy drugs will include Busulphan, Cycophosphamide, Fludarabine and Atgam. Plus all the drugs to kill off his marrow. Which are I can’t remember them all but here it goes Melphalan, Mesa, Cyclosporin, Mycopenolate, Methotrexate, Cotromazo and Ursodeoxycholic. Now there is more but I just can’t remember the other ones so I will let you know. Poor Zac was quite ill with the chemotherapy.

17th April 2008
TRANSPLANT DAY!!! The Transplant did not go so smoothly Zac blood presser was high so they had to keep stopping the transplant to give meds for the blood presser. The doctors say we will have to watch him carefully otherwise he might end up in ICU.
18th April 2008
Day plus ONE!!! Zac blood presser is still high but he is doing well. My boy is strong... Over the weekend the blood presser has still been high but not too bad the worst it got was 154 over 76. Okay I was a bit concern and so would have you been.
21st April 2008
Monday Plus day 4!!! Zac has had a bad night I have had no and I mean NO sleep. Plus I have said to my other Miracle boy James that I would take him on a bus. His first bus ride so I have to take him. Help me someone I have no energy. Of course Zac had a great day today it was like he was not even sick the night before that would be right. Troy (Zac dad) looked after him while I took James on a bus ride to East Gardens Shopping Centre. Let me tell you when you are tried that place is huge 4 or 5 levels of shop after shop. I could not wait to get back to the hospital and I never thought I’d be saying that. When I get back or I hear from everyone is Zac was fine he is great not sick nothing. Good News to my ears.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

watch It