Wiskott Aldrich Syndrome is a immune and blood disease that effects the immune system the B and T cells, you have an increased susceptibility to Infections, Bleeding and Cancer,aswell as delevoping an autoimmune disease without a transplant, Wiskott Aldrich Syndrome (WAS) is potentially fatal.
Copy Right .. Do not use any of my blog for any reason Read Only.







Monday, July 28, 2008

The Operation Day

28th July 2008
Day Plus 102

Today was a big day. Zac had his operation today 3 hours it went for. They ended up doing the Liver and Lungs and they did his Tummy in the biopsy, so the results should be back on Wednesday. Which I will let you know. He had a small bleed in his lungs which they got on top of. The doctor also fractured his ribs trying to biopsy the Lungs. He has a drain in which is draining a little not much mainly at the moment, but I expect that to settle over night. A child in ICU has come down with chicken pox's Even though Zac is in his own room they are going to give him the ZIP just in case. The doctors said that his lungs look pretty bad they are pretty damage red swollen and inflamed, they said his lungs are like cardboard and that's why he had the bleed.
He is requiring more support and more ox so he was on 40 to 50% but now he is on 65 to 75% hopefully this will come down over night. Fingers cross anyway.
My other little boy James said he looks like a sleeping Zac to me mum can I go in and kiss him so we had to explain that he need to leave Zac to rest up for now. James has gone home tonight but I will see him on Friday night can't wait to see him, he is growing up so fast and getting more cheeky too.
There another family with a little boy name David please click on his link under my blog list he is day plus 700 what a beautiful family there story will also be able to shed some light on Wiskott Aldrich and David journey through all this and any question please feel free to ask I'm more than happy to help if I can.
Skyla's Pic is up in ICU now and it looks beautiful. Skyla mum Kristy has been my strength she sms and rings me nearly everyday well everyday. Always giving me support being a great friend when she has her own problems, so thank you mate thank you for being a great friend it is lovely and I don't know what I would do without you. Miss ya heaps .
Talk soon and will update on Zac results as soon as I get them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi My name is Ashlee Langford My father work with your Husband. I am currently studying nursing at ourimbah and so when dad told me about your son i got him to ask your husband to wirte down the name of the disorder so i could look it it. i googled it and found your site. I just wanted to say i think it is fantastic that you are creating awareness and that you are able to share your thoughts and feelings which may help others in similar situations to cope.
After reading about Zac i was listning to music and this song came on Miracle by foo fighters and the first thing that came into my head was your family.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

watch It